Become a Mentor
We have a waiting list. It's also worth contacting us via email outside of the application period.
We are now looking for student mentors for winter semester 2017/18!
Are you communicative and want to help others?
Do you want to improve your leadership, advising, and communication skills?
Are you looking for an interesting, non-technical elective? Or maybe a small Hiwi job with five hours a week?
Then apply by August 20. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short text – 1000 words maximum – explaining your motivation to work as a mentor. We will invite you to a short interview, during which we discuss the details. Mentor spots are assigned till August 30.
You must fulfill the following requirements:
- You are in at least the third semester of computer science.
- You are prepared to participate in a mentor training at the end of September and a training from the student representative council.
- You have time to mentor your own student group starting during the orientation week for first-year students – KW 39 – and to indepedently organize the group with instruction.
- You are interested in becoming very familiar with a topic and teaching it to others.
- You haven an open and friendly personality and enjoy meeting new people and sharing your experiences.
We look forward to your involvement!