Mathematical-Technical Software Development (MATSE) in Combination with the Dual Degree Program Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Educational Qualification: volle berufsbezogene Fachhochschulreife (inklusive Praxis) or allgemeine Hochschulreife; a language certificate (DSH2 or equivalent) is required for foreign school-leaving certificates; lessons are in German
- Selection Process: application, interviews, trial period
- Personal Requirements: interest in and aptitude for mathematics, enthusaism for logical and analytical thinking, curiosity, preparedness to communicate, ability to work in a team; programming skills are not required
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Professional Association: Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
- Exam: mid exam and final exam
Vocational training to become a mathematic-technical software developer at the RWTH Aachen IT Center offers both theoretical and practical components due to parallel enrollment in Bachelor course of study Applied Mathematics and Computer Science at FH Aachen.
During training you focus on mathematics, computer science, and programming. You learn solutions for problems, often with a scientific background.
Because of their comprehensive training, mathematic-technical software developers can apply their knowledge, skills, and abilities in a variety of fields. Below are a few examples:
- Mathematical modelling
- Distributed applications
- Web development
- Parallel programming
- Simulation of technical procedures
- Project management and software engineering
- Datenbase development
- Data visualization
- Statistical anaylsis
- User advising and training
Mathematic-technical software developers have very good job prospects. Their skills are sought out in science and technology as well as in many economic fields of applications. They are software specialists, particularly in the fields that go beyond the use of standard software.
Vocational training to become a mathematic-technical software developer lasts three years. After three years, you can also acquire a Bachelor of Science through parallel enrollment at Aachen University of Applied Sciences in the Applied Mathematics and Computer Science Bachelor course of study.
Practical training takes place at the university's institutes and chairs.
Theory training takes places in the RWTH Aachen IT Center (de).
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 9836.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,040.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,090.61 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: not applicable; apprentices will receive a semester ticket via the Aachen University of Applied Sciences
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year